Friday, May 3, 2019
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Approved for 4 Core Competency/Primary Credits
Course is limited to 55 participants
$169 + GST
$219 + GST
Fee includes: Course handouts and cupping supplies
Important! Participants of the Advanced Cupping Therapy course must have previously completed a basic cupping course.
Important!Participants of the Advanced Cupping Therapy course must have previously completed a basic cupping course.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Learn to provide quick and effective pain management resulting in enhanced mobility of your patients in this Advanced Cupping course! Cupping Therapy fits perfectly into wellness activities and this course will provide you with practical ways in which your patients can retain benefits between treatments. Your knowledge of exercise rehabilitation will enhance your absorption of the Advanced techniques taught in this course, which will increase the efficacy of movement exercises for your patients. We will explore remedial and rehabilitative exercises and movements and review self-care techniques for homecare programs.
Our Advanced course explores trigger point work, myofascial release, functional mobility, and movement exercises.
– Trigger point work, used before cupping, can allow you to release muscular tissue and thereby enhance the performance of stationary or dynamic cups.
– Myofascial release works slow and steady, applying a vacuum force on the tissue that is steady and reliable. It’s effects on the tissue and neurological system will be explored.
– Functional movement of the body may be indicated in your cupping session, and we will demonstrate ways of increasing range of motion in your clients by testing for range of movement both before and after cupping is utilized.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge on the history and benefits of cupping therapy.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge on the indications, contraindications, and precautions for cupping therapy.
- Students will introduced to the research for cupping therapy.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in the application of cupping therapy as part of a treatment protocol to treat a variety of clinical conditions.
NoticeDress for hands-on work. Tank tops, sports bras, and shorts are appropriate
NoticeParticipants must bring a table
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Heather Kew, RMT
Heather is a Registered Massage Therapist with over 10 years of experience. She graduated in 2005 from the Massage Therapy program at McEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta. Heather currently practices in a multi-disciplinary clinic based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta. Heather has a love of learning and has spent the past number of years concentrating in orthopaedic and therapeutic massage, myofascial cupping and hot stone massage.
With a background in esthetics, Heather has refined her treatment skills at some of the top spas in Canada, offering a truly unique treatment to each of her patients by combining her techniques with luxury to help her patients feel stress-free while receiving a deeply therapeutic treatment. This uniqueness has gained her a reputation for being specialized in migraine/headache treatment, motor vehicle accident Rehabilitation, and chronic pain.
Heather has had opportunity to work with a wide range of clientele from professional athletes to geriatric patients, and everything in between. When she’s not treating – or teaching! – Heather can often be found taking courses to expand her love of Massage Therapy or spending time with her family.
For more information and course approvals with other professional organizations please visit the Registration Page.
COURSE CANCELLATION DATES
Cancellations made by April 2, 2019 receive a full refund. Cancellations made from April 3 – April 13, 2019 receive a 50% refund on the full cost of the course. No refunds will be given on cancellations made after April 13, 2019 at 4:30 pm