Friday April 28 & Saturday, April 29, 2023
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Approved for 16 Core Competency Credits
This is a TWO DAY in-person course
MTAM Members: $549
ABOUT THE PRESENTATION
The focus of this course is on how to incorporate an evidence-based clinical reasoning framework into your massage therapy treatments. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Distinguishing between the role of tissue health, biomechanics, sensory mechanisms and psychosocial factors and these influences on the person’s experience of pain and disability.
- Improve your confidence in communicating and educating clients about pain and reframing unhelpful narratives and beliefs.
- Become comfortable with the applications of your existing massage therapy and movement skills within a biopsychosocial framework to help improve client outcomes.
- Increase utilization of movement modification for self-management and improve abilities to teach self-management to your clients.
- Improve understanding of various presentations for pain and disability in the low back and pelvic regions.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Eric Purves, BSc., RMT, MSc.
Eric Purves is a registered massage therapist, educator and researcher based in Victoria, BC. In 2016, he became a faculty member with PainBC, where he teaches a workshop for RMT’s on chronic pain management. He also instructs courses on MSK best practices using evidence-based pain management strategies and rehabilitation principles throughout North America and Europe. In 2019 he received his master of rehabilitation science through UBC. His graduate work focused on the role of RMTs in the healthcare system and how to use evidence based strategies to enhance research evidence in curriculum development and education delivery.
NoticeDress for hands-on work. Tank tops, sports bras, and shorts are appropriate.
NoticeMassage table is required.
Registration opens for MTAM members February 1st, 2023! Please visit the MTAM website to Register.
COURSE CANCELLATION DATES
Cancellations made by March 27, 2023 receive a full refund. Cancellations made from March 27 – April 10, 2023 receive a 50% refund on the full cost of the course. No refunds will be given on cancellations made after April 10, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.